Yummy! We are hungry for these commodities.
- Dairy farms
- Livestock grazing
- Fruits (excluding melons)
- Grains/Field crops
- Vegetables (excluding spinach/lettuce)
- Christmas tree (no customer cutting)
- Leased farmland
- Nurseries – plant (wholesale)
- Orchards (no U-pick)
- Tree nuts
Not as scrumptious, but we could be convinced, call us!
Custom Farming/Harvesting for Others:
- Acceptable if the insured operates locally, harvests their crops, and has minimal receipts (less than $15,000) from harvesting neighbors’ crops.
- No long-distance transporting of harvesting equipment.
- No additional premium charge if custom farming is incidental and receipts are less than $5,000.
- Personal use of draft horses by the insured for pleasure or farm work.
- Generally, fewer than 10 horses.
- No horse boarding, breeding, training, lessons, or rentals. Incidental horse boarding might be acceptable with proper Hold Harmless agreements. Refer agents to their underwriter.
Incidental hunting with acceptable controls.
Barndominiums – part living quarters, part barn.
Yuck! Not to our tastes.
The answer is no!
- Equipment dealers
- Grain elevator operations
- Log homes or cabins
- Logging/Timber operations
- Mills or yards open to others
- Slaughtering operations
- Vacant land or real estate investment property
- Campgrounds/Dude ranches
- Fishing ponds open to the public
- Hunting clubs
- Petting zoos
- Risks with SR-22 filings (auto filing for the state)
- U-Pick/U-Cut operations
(e.g., pumpkin patch, Christmas trees, fruit/berries)
- Aviaries (birds)
- Deer and/or elk
- Dog kennels for boarding
- Exotic animals (e.g., ostrich, lions, zebras)
- Hog confinement operations
- Horses (boarding, breeding, training, lessons, rental)
- Poultry operations (incidental acceptable, with other operations)